We’ve got the power
Abrasive safety training
Anyone involved in the use of abrasive wheels must, by law, be specially trained in their use. Setters, operators, supervisors, store workers and their managers all fall into this category and should all be fully trained on the use of these abrasive tools, such as grinding wheels or cutting discs.
Our specialist team can deliver this training to achieve compliance.
What is the course and what does it include?
The course is designed to raise awareness of the dangers of using abrasives and promote good practice in the workplace.
The course includes:
- A comprehensive set of BAF approved course notes for each trainee.
- Hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels
- Types and design of wheels (including specification, to avoid incorrect selection)
- Inspection, testing and storage (including damaged/fault wheel checks and ring test)
- Mounting of wheels (including a practical “verification of competence” test, ensuring safe mounting procedures are followed and tool care is adhered)
- Ensuring a safe working environment
- Safe use of abrasive wheels
- A test at the end of the course to ensure the participant has understood the content.
Why Southern Power Tools?
Attendees will receive an engaging, informative and highly practical training course from an experienced trainer that will equip them with all the knowledge and skills they need.
As all of our trainer-led abrasive safety training courses are accredited by the British Abrasive Federation (BAF), all successful candidates will receive a BAF-accredited certificate and their details placed on the BAF national register.
The validation process consists of a theory test and a practical observation.
Call now for more information or book your place 02392 551931
British Abrasives Federation
We are proud to be fully-accredited members of The British Abrasives Federation (BAF), which regulates the industry and promotes the highest standards of health and safety.
Abrasive wheels course dates available
Make a booking for 6 or more employees and we can run an abrasive wheel course on a date that suits you.
PLUS – you’ll also receive 10% discount on your booking